It’s All About W(h)inning…
To tell stories – true stories – to carefully load those words which trigger the look and feel of my experience – to stockpile those fleeting moments which deflect my lips, give me pause, or piqué my tear ducts – this is what I love most, what I gladly ration a healthy slice of my slim free time to, what drives me half mad while acting as sometimes symptomatic, sometimes supportive, sometimes curative therapy.
That someone actually reads what I write – that they would land on my humble little page and stay for a short spell – and that they actually enjoy my mental scribblings…jeepers.
I’m quite honored to accept (read: grinning smugly about) a trio of awards from a pair of my favorite bloggers, who maintain two of the first sites I followed when I started here a bit over three months ago. Below please enjoy a ditty about the nominating bloggers and the enactment of my duty in accepting the awards.
Both The Versatile Blog Award and the One Lovely Blog Award nods came from the aptly named livingvoraciously, a wily economics affairs adviser and admirably strong woman whose spunky and insightful blog, Corporate Skirts, I do enjoy. The Liebster Blog nomination kindly comes from Peace of Iran, who had the same brilliant idea as I in marrying a dashingly handsome Persian lad and who maintains a site – peaceofiran.com – dedicated to disseminating information about the richness of Iranian culture.
Acceptance of these awards variously mandates that I:
1) Thank my nominator(s) – many thanks LV! Thanks much POI!
2) Share 10 things about myself my readers may not know –
- I love tapioca pudding nearly as much as life itself (that’s quite a lot).
- I cry very easily – not those sad, angry or hurt sobs, as I am actually superbly stalwart in those situations – but the warm, happy, sweet tears that come at the beauty of life.
- The two most frequent scenarios I encounter in dreams of the wee hours are 1) reliving the wonderful summers I spent on my grandparents farm and 2) waking up in the morning and finding I’ve an immensely important test (usually for a class I didn’t even know I was taking) in mere hours. Of course, I must pass the test to stay in medical school and, of course, it’s always on some insanely unrelated subject matter (quantum mechanics, biophysical chemistry, etc).
- I have a close affection for the BBC series, Midsomer Murders – I sometimes randomly whistle the theme.
- I want a long and lustrous career as a physician scientist at a mid-sized academic institution – but then I want to retire back to the family farm and live a quiet, simple life, giving back to the surrounding community till the old ticker has just the right number of times ticked.
- My favorite movie of all time – It’s a Wonderful Life. Awh, Mary, Mary!
- My second favorite movie – The Wizard of Oz…because there’s no place like home, and no fashion statement like red shoes.
- I am a member of the “autoimmunity community,” if you will, everyday wrestling with a connective tissue disease which makes life a little more tiring, a touch more bittersweet, and a load more beautiful.
- I have this crazy dream of learning to fly. But I am an admittedly borderline driver here on land… So a dream this will remain, for my own good, and the good of all those citizens above whom I would be cavorting.
- I have finally decided what I want to be when I grow up – ie, what medical specialty in which I will pursue residency training. But I’m not going to tell you which that might be….
3) Nominate deserving bloggers. I will instead simply direct your attention to a handful of sites I find fabulous. Below please find links to those blogs I visit rather regularly. Explore and enjoy!
An Afternoon With… (http://anafternoonwith.com/)
An Erik Abroad (http://anerikabroad.wordpress.com/)
Bucket List Publications (http://lesleycarter.wordpress.com/)
Le Maison Loup (http://lemaisonloup.com/)
le zoe musings (http://lezoemusings.wordpress.com/)
Sadie & Dasie (http://sadieanddasie.wordpress.com/)
Snotting Black (http://drevets.com/)
Sugar and Scrubs (http://sugarandscrubs.wordpress.com/)
7 legs (http://7legs.wordpress.com/)